Licensed Child Care Administrator
The Westfield Residential Treatment Center is currently searching for experienced Licensed Child Care Administrators for an adolescent male residential treatment center (ages 10-18 years old).
Ensures the supervision of youth care supervisors, youth workers, and clients providing the following services:
A Child-Care Administrator must:
- Meet the qualifications established by the operation’s governing body;
- Be a Licensed Child-Care Administrator according to Chapter 43 of the Human Resources Code and Subchapter N of Chapter 745 of this title (relating to Administrator’s Licensing); and
- Be a full-time employee of the operation.
- Have daily supervision and on-site administrative responsibility for the overall operation.
- Be responsible for or assign responsibility for overseeing staffing patterns to ensure the supervision and the provision of child-care services that meet the needs of children in care;
- Ensuring the provision of planned but flexible program activities designed to meet the developmental needs of children;
- Having a system in place to ensure an employee is available to handle emergencies;
- Assigning tasks to caregivers that do not conflict or interfere with caregiver responsibilities;
- Administering and managing the operation according to the policies adopted by the governing body;
- Ensuring that the operation complies with applicable rules of this chapter, Chapter 42 of the Human Resources Code, Chapter 745 of this title (relating to Licensing), and other applicable laws;
- Ensuring a child in care does not act as a caregiver; and
Ensuring persons whose behavior or health status presents a danger to children are not allowed at the operation.
Masters or Doctorate Degree
- Bachelors Degree and at least 2 years of child care or related experience
- Associates Degree and at least 4 years of child care or related experience
- High School Diploma or its equivalent and at least 6 years of child care or related experience
- Pass Criminal background and abuse /neglect central registry checks